Whether you're looking at cracking the vlogosphere, entering the blogosphere, or taking on the competition with some seriously targeted influencer marketing, here’s the low down on it all.
What is a Blogger?
A blogger is someone who creates and manages a blog, which is an online platform where they can share their thoughts, ideas, and opinions on a particular topic or niche. Bloggers typically write articles, stories, or reviews regularly, and use various tools and techniques to grow their audience and engage with their readers.
Some bloggers focus on a particular subject, such as fashion, technology, or travel, while others cover a broad range of topics. Blogging can be a hobby, a profession, or a way to promote a business or personal brand.
What is a Vlogger?
A vlogger is a person who creates and publishes video content on online platforms, typically on YouTube, as their primary form of content creation. They often focus on a particular niche or topic, such as beauty, travel, gaming, or lifestyle. Vloggers are known for their authentic and personal approach to content creation, often sharing their daily lives and experiences with their audience.
They may also collaborate with other vloggers or brands to create sponsored content. Vlogging has become a popular form of online content creation, with many successful vloggers building a large following — and even monetising their content through advertising and sponsorships.
What is an Influencer?
An influencer is an individual who has established a large and engaged following on social media platforms such as Instagram, YouTube, or TikTok. They are often seen as thought leaders and trendsetters in their respective industries and can influence the opinions and behaviours of their followers.
Influencers are often sought out by brands to promote their products or services to their audience, leveraging their credibility and authority to increase brand awareness, drive sales, and build brand loyalty. Some influencers focus on a specific niche, such as beauty, fitness, or travel, while others have a more broad appeal.
The Difference Between A Blogger, Vlogger, & Influencer
While bloggers, vloggers, and influencers all create content on digital platforms, there are a few key differences between them when it comes to digital marketing and the ways that they can help.
- Bloggers: Bloggers create written content, typically in the form of blog posts and web copy, on their own websites or platforms such as Medium or LinkedIn. When it comes to digital marketing, bloggers can be a great choice for brands looking to increase their organic search traffic and build relationships with their target audience through content marketing.
- Vloggers: Vloggers create video content, often in a documentary-style format, on platforms such as YouTube, TikTok, or Instagram. When it comes to digital marketing, vloggers can be a great choice for brands looking to leverage the popularity of video content to engage with their audience and promote their products or services.
- Influencers: Influencers can be either bloggers, vloggers, or social media personalities who have established a large and engaged following on digital platforms. Influencer marketing is a popular digital marketing tactic, with many businesses partnering with influencers to reach their target audience and build brand awareness.
The Most Common Types of Blogger Content
Many businesses partner with bloggers to increase their organic search traffic, build brand awareness, and drive conversions through content marketing. Bloggers typically create word and image-rich content that can be used as a means of reaching those in the research stage of a purchase. Common content types include:
- How-to guides: These types of posts are designed to help your audience solve a problem or achieve a goal. From DIY projects to cooking recipes, how-to guides provide step-by-step instructions that are easy to follow.
- Listicles: Listicles are a popular type of post that organises information into a list format. They're often used to highlight a specific topic, such as "10 Tips for Better Sleep" or "5 Ways to Boost Your Productivity."
- Personal stories: Personal stories are a great way to connect with your audience on a deeper level. Sharing your own experiences, struggles, and triumphs can be both relatable and inspiring.
- Opinion pieces: Opinion pieces allow you to share your perspective on a particular topic or issue. These types of posts can spark conversation and debate, and help position you as an authority in your niche.
- Product reviews: Product reviews are a type of post where you share your honest opinion about a particular product or service. They can be a great way to build trust with your audience and earn affiliate income.
The Most Common Types of Vlogger Content
Vloggers are a powerful force in the digital marketing world, helping businesses build brand awareness, showcase products or services, and drive engagement and conversions. Their relatable personalities and authenticity make them an attractive partner for businesses looking to leverage the popularity of video content to reach and engage with their target audience. Some of the most common types of content include:
- Lifestyle Vlogs: These vlogs showcase the daily life of the vlogger, including their routines, hobbies, and interests. Think of it as a glimpse into their personal life, and a chance for their audience to get to know them better.
- Travel Vlogs: As the name suggests, travel vlogs document the vlogger's adventures as they explore different parts of the world. From exotic beaches to bustling cities, travel vlogs are a great way to share your experiences and inspire your audience to explore new places.
- How-To Vlogs: How-to vlogs provide tutorials on a particular topic or skill. Whether it's makeup tutorials, cooking demonstrations, or DIY projects, these vlogs are all about teaching your audience how to do something.
- Review Vlogs: Review vlogs provide an honest opinion on products, services, or experiences. From beauty products to hotels and restaurants, review vlogs are a great way to share your thoughts and help your audience make informed decisions.
- Challenges: Challenges are a fun way to engage with your audience and create entertaining content. From food challenges to fitness challenges, these vlogs are all about pushing yourself out of your comfort zone and having a good time.
The Most Common Types of Influencer Content
Influencers offer access to already established, engaged and targeted audiences, the ability to build trust and credibility with their followers, and the potential for increased brand awareness and sales. By partnering with influencers, businesses can tap into their creativity, expertise, and influence to reach their target audience more authentically and effectively. Common content types include:
- Social Media Posts: Whether it's Instagram, TikTok, or Twitter, social media posts are the bread and butter of most influencers. From curated and stylised photos to short and snappy videos, influencers use social media to connect with their followers and showcase their lifestyles, interests, and favourite products.
- Sponsored Content: Sponsored content is content that an influencer creates in collaboration with a brand or business. It can take many forms, such as product reviews, sponsored posts, or affiliate marketing campaigns. Sponsored content is a great way for influencers to monetise their content and provide value to their followers by recommending products they love and trust.
- Videos: Many influencers create video content, ranging from short-form content for platforms like TikTok to longer-form content on YouTube. Videos can take many forms, such as vlogs, tutorials, or reviews. Video content is a great way for influencers to showcase their personality, expertise, and creativity in a way that engages and entertains their audience.
- Blog Posts: While less common than social media posts and videos, some influencers also create blog posts and web copy on their own websites or platforms like Medium. Blog posts can be more in-depth and informative than social media content, providing value to their followers through thought leadership, how-to guides, and personal stories.
- Podcasts: Finally, some influencers also create podcasts, which can take many forms, such as interviews, roundtable discussions, or solo shows. Podcasts are a great way for influencers to dive deeper into their favourite topics and connect with their audience in a more intimate way.
What’s Best for Digital Marketing?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best choice for digital marketing depends on your specific business goals, target audience, and budget. Each content type — bloggers, vloggers, and influencers — offers unique benefits that can be leveraged to achieve different marketing objectives.
For example, bloggers can be a great choice for businesses looking to improve their organic search traffic and provide value to their audience through content marketing. Vloggers, on the other hand, are a great choice for businesses looking to leverage the popularity of video content to engage with their audience and promote their products or services.
Influencers can be a great choice for businesses looking to build brand awareness, drive sales, and build trust with their target audience by partnering with individuals who have already established a large and engaged following. It's important to consider factors such as the type of content your audience prefers, the level of engagement you want to achieve, and the budget you have available.
Make Your Marketing Matter More
Looking to grow your business through digital marketing but not sure where to start? Talk Agency is here to help. Our team of experts can help you create a comprehensive strategy that leverages the unique strengths of each content type, whether it's bloggers, vloggers, or influencers.
From identifying your target audience to tracking your progress and making data-driven decisions, we're here to ensure that your digital marketing efforts are effective and efficient. So what are you waiting for? Contact us today and let's take your business to the next level.
So, what are you waiting for? Let's Talk!