TALK ensures that information you share with us is managed in accordance with the APPs and to the extent applicable, the European Union (“EU”) General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), where we process personal data relating to identifiable UK or EU residents.
USE, DISCLOSURE & MANAGEMENT OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Through the use of security measures, we aim to ensure all personal information we hold is protected from misuse or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We will not use or disclose your personal information except:
- for the primary reason(s) we collected it or a related purpose; or
- with your consent; or
- for another reason permitted under the APPs or GDPR, as applicable, including where it is in our legitimate interests.
For example, we may use personal information in the following ways:
- To provide services to our clients/customers/stakeholders;
- to carry out our obligations under contracts entered into between us;
- to deal with enquiries or complaints;
- to process payments;
- to assess and identify suitable jobseekers or service providers;
- as authorised or required by law;
- to manage data on behalf of our clients;
- to support our general advisory and marketing activities including for demographic profiling and targeting of advertising and other forms of marketing;
- to send you promotional and marketing material or other offers that may interest you on behalf of us and our clients;
- to support our workplace relations and industry research activities;
- to support our internal management systems; and
- for any other lawful purposes identified by the person who provides us with the information.
We may disclose your personal information to our clients, suppliers, service providers, contractors, related entities, agents, and to our legal or other professional advisors. Where required by law, we may also disclose your personal information to the appropriate regulatory authorities.
Information we collect from you will be stored securely either at our office(s), on our server or with a third party service provider, who may be located outside of Australia (see “Overseas Disclosure” below). Unless otherwise advised and to the best of our knowledge, the service provider who we disclose personal information to is subject to a law or binding scheme that has the effect of protecting the personal information in a way that is at least substantially similar (or better) to the protection offered by the APPs and the GDPR.
CLIENT WEBSITES AND LINKS
MARKETING MAILING LISTS
Unless we have your consent, we will not disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes. However, TALK agency may use your personal information to inform you of recent developments, or provide you with newsletter articles or upcoming event details. If we add your details to one of our own marketing mailing lists, you may unsubscribe from that list by selecting the ‘unsubscribe’ option in the communications you receive. For UK and EU residents, you can also withdraw your consent or restrict or object to our use of your data at any time by contacting us.
WHAT WE COLLECT, HOW AND WHY
TALK agency collects, holds and uses personal information for a range of different purposes related to our functions and activities, and for related purposes (see below). Usually, the context or communications at the time of collection will determine the
primary purposes of collection.
We may collect personal information by:
- conducting interviews with job-seekers, service providers and other individuals conducting surveys
- communicating with our business, professional or social contacts
- allowing users to submit data or communicate with us through our website & extranet services
- monitoring how subscribers to our email publications respond to & engage with those communications
- obtaining marketing databases from commercial providers
- searching publicly available sources of information
- enquiry/Contact Us forms and bulletins on a website which is managed by us on behalf of our clients; and
- when using a chat function on a website managed on behalf of our clients.
The kinds of personal information we may collect, and hold includes:
- contact details
- opinions and preferences
- personal characteristics including professional occupation and qualifications
- information or opinions about a person’s conduct (e.g. witness statements in legal proceedings)
- IP address
- business name and/or ABN
- sales data
- credit card details
A Cookie is a piece of information that our web server may send to your device when you visit the Site. The Cookie is stored on your device, and may provide us with information about your device.
A Cookie helps us to recognise you when you re-visit our website and to co-ordinate your access to different pages on the website. With most internet browsers, you can erase Cookies from your device hard drive, block all Cookies, or receive a warning before a Cookie is stored.
ACCESSING, CORRECTING OR UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Any requests to access, correct or update your personal information can be made through the “contact” section of our website or via our contact details below.
If the information you wish to correct or update relates to your client file, or services we are providing to you, we suggest you make contact directly with the professional staff member who usually assists you.
If you request access to your personal information, we will provide access whenever this is required by law or we otherwise consider it appropriate. However, making a request does not guarantee that we will provide you with access. In particular, we will
not provide access to information that is confidential, legally privileged or would otherwise have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others. We may also ask you for proof of identity and charge a fee for providing you with access, as applicable.
For UK and EU residents, you may also obtain a copy of your personal data on request and transfer this to another person or entity pursuant to your right of data portability, as well as request that your data be erased (right to be forgotten) to the extent that we can by law.
We hold your information indefinitely. For EU and UK residents, we hold your information until you request that we erase your data.
While we collect your information and host it in Australia, we transfer and process some of it to Brazil, the United States of America, Philippines and India. We will only disclose as much data as this third party needs to know for a specific purpose. Entities located overseas will use the data in compliance with the APPs and GDPR and TALK will take reasonable steps to ensure they comply with the APPs and GDPR.
COMPLAINTS & INQUIRIES
Through the “contact” section of our website or
Phone: +61 2 4384 2577
We consider all complaints consistently with the relevant legislation and as we consider most appropriate in the circumstances. We shall review your complaint and respond to any concerns promptly, usually within fourteen (14) working days. You also have the right to make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (see: http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints) or the local regulator in your jurisdiction in Europe, as applicable.