You want to be famous. You want to be rich. You want a hundred thousand followers, countless red hearts on your photos on Instagram and thousands of “love” and “wow” reactions on your Facebook posts. Well then, you could just buy likes on Facebook, right?
Whether you want the likes for yourself or as a means to marketing your brand, there are many “like providers” out there that you can choose from. But that’s not why we’re here.
Before you make a huge mistake, let us explain why we think you should never buy likes or followers for IG or Facebook. When you buy likes on Instagram and Facebook, it’s not just a waste of money. It can also damage your brand, lead to lower sales and ruin your reputation for good.
Keep reading to find out why such an aggressive and deceptive marketing strategy is a terrible, terrible idea. We’ll also provide you with some tips on how to get popular on social media fast, the right way.
It’s Not Actually Allowed
You may not be surprised to find out that such deceptive practices are against the Terms of Service that you agree to when you sign up for a Facebook or Instagram account. The last thing you want is getting banned.
Facebook and Instagram are not fond of fake accounts. The “buy cheap likes” industry is not exactly known for its moral standards. If you do decide to buy likes on social media, know that most of these likes will be coming either from fake (machine-generated) or sold accounts.
This actually makes it easier for Facebook or Instagram to track suspicious activity and connect your account with all kinds of shady business. You wouldn’t want your account hacked and used to fund scamming and deception campaigns, which is why you should avoid engaging with companies that offer “cheap like” services.
It may take some time for Facebook and Instagram to figure out what’s going on, but once they do, there’s no turning back. Once you’ve been exposed, it will only get worse. The likes will most likely be removed and you won’t be compensated. A ban or suspension from the platform is guaranteed.
It Ruins Your Engagement Rate
The point of getting likes is building a reputation and engaging with fans and communities in ways that will be to the future benefit of your brand or business. You want to seem credible and honest.
Between January and September of last year, Facebook and Instagram disabled more than 2.1 billion fake accounts. Yep, that’s a lot of fake accounts. The problem with bots and fake accounts is that they don’t care about content. They get your money, leave their like and are never to be seen again.
When you buy likes on Facebook or Instagram, you’re exposing yourself to a number of dangers. Most people will be able to tell whether the likes you receive are genuine or not, especially when it comes to Instagram likes.
For example, if you only buy likes on Instagram, people will know something’s off by comparing the number of followers you have to the number of likes you receive on an average post. If the two numbers vary greatly, well, you have your answer.
This, of course, works both ways. Buying fake followers on top of fake likes might work for a while but doesn’t mean you’re off the hook. Same goes for Facebook likes. Websites like Socialblade can analyse an account’s activity and tell with just a click whether a profile has fake hearts, likes or followers.
Fake Likes Are a Waste of Money
This is an immediate result of low engagement rates. Fake followers will not be buying any of your products, sharing your posts or promoting your brand in any meaningful way. Your brand may seem larger, but it won’t be. This effectively means that despite your newfound popularity:
- Other brands and companies will see right through your ploy, meaning you won’t be able to take full advantage of Facebook’s current $483 billion (in US Dollars) market cap.
- Chances are you won’t be able to strike many deals. More and more brands are now using a multitude of tools to pick out the real accounts from the fake ones. Without real followers and high engagement rates, you’re just another profile with tons of worthless likes.
- Maintaining a large number of fake likes and followers is not a viable long-term solution. It might not cost much to buy a few likes and followers the first time around, but if you’re planning on maintaining such a facade, be prepared to incur huge financial losses.
Be Real – Don’t Buy Likes
Now that we’ve established that to buy likes and followers is a bad idea, let us give you a few tips on how to acquire a regular following that actively engages with your content:
- Remain active on social media. Produce content in multiple forms and make sure you engage with your audience on a daily basis. Replying to messages, for example, can be a great way to boost your brand’s image.
- Know your audience and don’t be afraid to try out new things. If you know who your audience is and what they want to see from you, focus on that.
- However, remember that trying new and original ways to promote your brand and products can be a great way to keep your audience interested and engaged.
- Build partnerships that last. Focus on those that work best. Keep an open mind to new deals and opportunities that may come your way.
Quality Over Quantity
When businesses buy likes on Facebook , they do it because they think it will promote their brand and increase revenue, but this is far from true. What it really does is give Facebook a good reason to ban you from their platforms.
Financially, it’s a disaster, especially if done for a longer period of time. Fake likes and followers lower your engagement rates, making it less likely that companies will want to collaborate with your brand in the future.
This is why it pays to invest your time, money, and energy into coming up with marketing strategies that will bring real likes and real followers instead. Buying likes and followers just doesn’t really come with any benefits.
At Talk, we value quality over quantity. We don’t offer fake likes or followers, but we offer services that help businesses grow and strive on their own. If you’re willing to invest in digital marketing that works, then you’ve come to the right place!
If you’re after constant growth and development, then make sure you know why digital marketing strategies that utilise White Hat SEO bring the best results.